HCA (NYSE: HCA) today announced the retirement of two of its senior executives. W. Paul Rutledge, President of the company’s Central Group, and Russell K. Harms, Chief Financial Officer of the Central Group, will retire March 31, 2013. The Central Group is comprised of over 50 hospitals in the U.S. and U.K.
Rutledge, who has been with HCA for over 30 years, joined the company in 1982 as Chief Operating Officer in the New Orleans market. His career with the company has included a number of corporate and market positions, including service as CEO of Centennial Medical Center, the flagship hospital of HCA’s Nashville market, and Division President of TriStar, before assuming his present position as Group President in 2005.
“After spending more than half my life with HCA, I look forward to the opportunity for my wife and me to spend more time with our family, to do all those things we think about doing if we just had the time,” Rutledge said. “My experiences with HCA also will allow me to have a greater involvement in areas of interest in the Nashville community, as well as medical missions with our church.”
Harms began his 28-year career with the company as Controller at Spring Branch Hospital in Houston. He subsequently served as facility CFO for three HCA hospitals, Division CFO in three HCA divisions, and has been in his current position since 2005.Reflecting upon his career, Harms commented, “I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with and for many outstanding leaders, and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to have been a part of the greatest healthcare company in the world. I always have worked to ensure my leadership reflected the company’s mission that above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV