The Offering is pursuant to the Fund’s effective shelf registration statement on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Any common shares issued as a result of the Rights Offering will not be record date shares for the Fund’s monthly distribution to be paid on December 20, 2012 and will not be entitled to receive such distribution.
The information herein is not complete and is subject to change. This document is not an offer to sell these securities and is not soliciting an offer to buy these securities in any jurisdiction where the offer or sale is not permitted. This document is not an offering, which can only be made by a final prospectus. Investors should consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. The base prospectus contains this and additional information about the Fund and the prospectus supplement will contain this and additional information about the Offer, and should be read carefully before investing.
The Gabelli Utility Trust is a non-diversified, closed-end management
investment company with approximately $229 million in total net assets
whose primary investment objective is long-term growth of capital and
income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets, under normal market
conditions, in common stocks and other securities of foreign and
domestic companies involved in providing products, services, or
equipment for (i) the generation or distribution of electricity, gas,
and water and (ii) telecommunications services or infrastructure
operations. The Fund is managed by Gabelli Funds, LLC, a subsidiary of
GAMCO Investors, Inc. (NYSE:GBL), which is a publicly traded NYSE listed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV