Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Colin McGinnis to the position of Senior Vice President-Store Operations Support, Store Development & Procurement. Mr. McGinnis will report to Barry Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Store Operations.
"Over the last several years, we have expanded our assortment to be more relevant to our customers, and we have improved our store standards to make our stores easier to shop,” said Mr. Sullivan. “Through Colin's leadership and store operations experience we intend to improve how we take care of our stores and our Team Members.”
Mr. McGinnis joined Family Dollar in August of 2004 as a Regional Vice President, where he was the Operations lead on the development of the Store of the Future project. In 2006, he was named VP of Store Operations Support & Process Improvement. Most recently, Mr. McGinnis added additional responsibility for Store Services, Procurement and Store Development. Prior to joining Family Dollar, Mr. McGinnis held positions of increasing responsibility with a national drug store chain.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV