GAAP results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012 included net income attributable to KKR & Co. L.P. of $127.4 million and $464.1 million, respectively, and net income attributable to KKR & Co. L.P. per common unit of $0.49 and $1.86, respectively, on a diluted basis. For the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2011, net loss attributable to KKR & Co. L.P. was ($243.4) million and ($44.2) million, respectively, and net loss attributable to KKR & Co. L.P. per common unit was ($1.09) and ($0.20), respectively, on a diluted basis. The increases in both comparable periods were primarily due to a greater level of investment appreciation for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012 compared to the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011. This increase in investment appreciation, which is recorded in net gains (losses) from investment activities, was partially offset by an increase in compensation and benefits expense.
Private MarketsAUM was $49.8 billion as of September 30, 2012, an increase of $4.3 billion, or 9.5%, compared to AUM of $45.5 billion as of June 30, 2012. The increase was primarily attributable to new capital raised from the North America Fund XI and to a lesser extent appreciation in the fair value of our private equity portfolio. The increases were partially offset by distributions to the limited partners of our private equity funds arising from realizations as well as a reduction in AUM as a result of the 2006 Fund entering the post-investment period. FPAUM was $40.4 billion as of September 30, 2012, an increase of $2.5 billion, or 6.6%, compared to FPAUM of $37.9 billion as of June 30, 2012. The increase was primarily due to new capital raised from the North America Fund XI, partially offset by the reduction in the fee base of the 2006 Fund as a result of the fund entering the post-investment period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV