- Corporate America shows continued progress along the Corporate Green Spectrum from 2006 to 2012.
- The percentage of firms that are highly engaged in sustainability has risen from 18% in 2006 to 42% in the 2012 study, while the percentage of firms viewing environmental initiatives as costs or required based on legal obligations alone fell from 33% in 2006 to 17% in 2012.
- The influence of the Chief Sustainability Officer position continues to rise, as does the creation of dedicated sustainability budgets.
- Energy and cost savings remain the most important drivers encouraging sustainability in Corporate America, while financial considerations such as the state of the economy and budget issues are the greatest obstacles to broader adoption.
Siemens—McGraw-Hill Construction Study Shows Continued Evolution Of Corporate Sustainability
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.