Merck continues to expect full-year 2012 revenues to be at or near 2011 levels on a constant currency basis. At current exchange rates, sales would be affected unfavorably by approximately 1 percent for the fourth quarter and more than 2 percent for the full year.
In addition, the company expects full-year 2012 non-GAAP R&D expenses to be higher than the 2011 level. The company continues to expect the full-year 2012 non-GAAP tax rate to be approximately 25 percent.
A reconciliation of anticipated 2012 EPS as reported in accordance with GAAP to non-GAAP EPS that excludes certain items is provided in the table below.
|$ in millions, except EPS amounts||Full-Year 2012|
|GAAP EPS||$2.08 to $2.24|
|Difference 3||1.70 to 1.58|
|Non-GAAP EPS that excludes items listed below||$3.78 to $3.82|
|Acquisition-related costs 4||$5,300 to $5,100|
|Restructuring costs||1,100 to 800|
|Net decrease (increase) in income before taxes||6,400 to 5,900|
|Estimated income tax (benefit) expense||(1,160) to (1,050)|
|Decrease (increase) in net income||$5,240 to $4,850|
Total EmployeesAs of Sept. 30, 2012, Merck had approximately 84,000 employees worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV