Select Revenue Highlights
Worldwide sales were $11.5 billion for the third quarter of 2012, a decrease of 4 percent. Excluding the unfavorable impact of foreign exchange, sales were comparable with the third quarter of 2011. Strong growth of key products offset the negative impact of the August 2012 loss of market exclusivity for SINGULAIR (montelukast sodium) in the United States.
The following table reflects sales of the company's top pharmaceutical products, as well as total sales of animal health and consumer care products.
|$ in millions||Third Quarter 2012||Third Quarter 2011||Change|
|PROQUAD, M-M-R II and VARIVAX||396||391||1%|
Pharmaceutical Revenue PerformanceThird-quarter pharmaceutical sales declined 5 percent to $9.9 billion, including a 5 percent negative impact due to foreign exchange. Strong sales growth for GARDASIL [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16 and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant], JANUVIA (sitagliptin), VICTRELIS (boceprevir), ZOSTAVAX (zoster vaccine live), ISENTRESS (raltegravir), and JANUMET (sitagliptin/metformin hydrochloride) offset the expected declines in sales of SINGULAIR, COZAAR (losartan potassium) and HYZAAR (losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV