LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPNT) today announced results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
For the third quarter ended September 30, 2012, revenues from continuing operations were $820.2 million, up 11.0% from $739.2 million for the same period a year ago. Income from continuing operations attributable to LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. stockholders for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012, decreased 50.7% to $19.2 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, compared with $38.9 million, or $0.77 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
For the first nine months of 2012, revenues from continuing operations were $2,498.5 million, up 11.3% from $2,244.8 million for the same period a year ago. Income from continuing operations attributable to LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. stockholders for the first nine months of 2012 decreased 7.6% to $115.4 million, or $2.38 per diluted share, compared with $125.0 million, or $2.43 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
In commenting on the results, William F. Carpenter III, chairman and chief executive officer of LifePoint Hospitals, said, “This was a challenging quarter for LifePoint. Our financial results were adversely affected by specific costs associated with investments we made that are critical to future growth and by operational changes in our business. We remain focused on improving operating efficiencies in light of the current environment, advancing our strategy of delivering high quality care and service, expanding in existing markets and through acquisitions in faster growing markets, as well as developing talent. We are confident our plan will deliver results and continue to generate value for our stockholders.”
The Company also issued the following revised guidance for 2012:
|Estimated Net Revenue||$3.35 - $3.40 billion|
|Estimated Adjusted EBITDA||$535.0 - $545.0 million|
|Estimated Diluted EPS||$2.97 - $3.10|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV