Net income, as reported, was $299.4 million, or $1.02 per diluted share. This compares with $44.8 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, in the prior year.
The company generated operating cash flow of $357.2 million during the first nine months of 2012 compared with $279.8 million in the prior year. Capital expenditures were $130.2 million, compared with $151.2 million in the prior year.
A reconciliation of the first nine months 2012 and 2011 results is as follows:
|Q3 YTD 2012||Q3 YTD 2011*|
|Diluted earnings per share (as reported)||$1.02||$0.15|
|Restructuring and restructuring-related costs||$0.18||$0.12|
CEO transition costs
Income tax – discrete contingencies, expiration of statutes of limitation and resolution of examinations
|Loss related to the extinguishment of debt||$0.01||$0.01|
* totals may not add due to rounding
2012 Full Year OutlookThe company reaffirmed its full year expectation for core sales growth of 2 to 3 percent. The company now expects foreign currency translation to have between 1.5 and 2 percentage points of negative impact on net sales. This compares with its previous expectation of a negative 2 percent impact. Net sales are projected to be flat to up 1.5 percent. The company continues to expect 2012 normalized operating margin improvement of up to 20 basis points and full year normalized earnings per share of $1.63 to $1.69.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV