Mark Tarchetti Will Join Newell Rubbermaid As Chief Development Officer Responsible For Building Big Brand Ideas, High-impact Disruptive Innovation And A True Point Of Difference Through Superior Design And Product Experience. (Photo: Business Wire)
At the same time as strengthening development and delivery capabilities, Newell Rubbermaid will create much flatter structures, giving bigger roles to key leaders and driving simplification throughout the organization in order to focus on growth. The company will start by delayering the top structures, eliminating the two operating Groups (Consumer and Professional) while further consolidating the Global Business Units (GBUs) from nine GBUs to six Business Segments.
These six Business Segments will be part of the Delivery organization:
- Tools: Irwin® and Lenox® tools and Dymo® industrial
- Commercial Products: Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Rubbermaid® Healthcare
- Writing: Sharpie®, Paper Mate®, Expo®, Prismacolor®, Parker® and Waterman®
- Baby & Parenting: Graco®, Aprica® and Teutonia®
- Home Solutions: Rubbermaid®, Calphalon®, Levolor®, Kirsch® and Goody®
- Specialty: Bulldog®, Ashland®, Shur-Line®, Dymo® office, Endicia® and Mimio®
New Executive Leadership: Significant Additions to the Newell Executive Team
In the context of the company’s new organization, the company is making a series of new leadership appointments to strengthen the Newell Executive Team.Mark Tarchetti, the former head of Global Corporate Strategy at Unilever, will join the company in January as Chief Development Officer and lead the new Development Organization. Originally from the United Kingdom, Tarchetti is the founder of international consulting firm Tarchetti & Co. Ltd. and has been supporting the development of Newell Rubbermaid’s new business strategy over the last year. Prior to starting his own consulting firm, Tarchetti spent 14 years at Unilever in a variety of senior strategy, business and finance roles, culminating in being appointed the head of Global Corporate Strategy, reporting directly to Unilever’s first external Chief Executive Officer and driving the development of the company’s new corporate strategy with the top executive team. He will report to President and CEO Polk. William A. Burke III, currently Group President, Newell Professional, has been appointed Chief Operating Officer and will lead the new Delivery Organization. Burke has a proven track record of outstanding leadership and consistent growth in his 10 years at Newell Rubbermaid, including leading and repositioning the Lenox brand to deliver double-digit sales growth and heading the company’s Professional businesses to accelerate international expansion. Burke’s businesses have been the most significant contributors to company growth over the last few years. He will continue to report to President and CEO Polk. Bolstering the Development and Delivery organizations are the following significant new additions to the Newell Executive Leadership Team:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV