SHANGHAI, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (Nasdaq: CTRP), a leading travel service provider of hotel accommodations, airline tickets, packaged tours and corporate travel management in China ("Ctrip" or the "Company"), today announced the results of the shareholder votes at its 2012 annual general meeting of shareholders held in Shanghai. At the meeting, Ctrip's shareholders adopted the following resolution as a special resolution proposed by the Company:
- THAT the deletion of the following sentence from Article 80 of the Company's currently effective amended and restated memorandum and articles of association, which has been approved by the resolutions of the Company's board of directors passed on July 3, 2012, be and hereby is authorized and approved: "One (1) Director shall be appointed by Rakuten, Inc. ("Rakuten") so long as Rakuten owns at least 3,322,500 ordinary shares of the Company."
- THAT each director or officer of the Company be and is hereby authorized to take any and every action that might be necessary, appropriate or desirable to effect the foregoing resolution as such director or officer, in his or her absolute discretion, thinks fit.
About Ctrip.com International, Ltd.
Ctrip.com International, Ltd. is a leading travel service provider of hotel accommodations, airline tickets, packaged tours and corporate travel management in China. Ctrip aggregates hotel and flight information to enable business and leisure travelers to make informed and cost-effective bookings. Ctrip also books vacation packages and guided tours. In addition, Ctrip corporate travel management services help corporate clients effectively manage their travel requirements. Since its inception in 1999, Ctrip has experienced substantial growth and become one of the best-known travel brands in China.
For further information, please contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV