NEW YORK -- General Motors (GM) is expected by analysts Wednesday to post third-quarter earnings of 60 cents a share on revenue of $35.92 billion.
On Tuesday, Ford (F) reported earnings that beat analysts' estimates, a result of strong U.S. sales that overcame the adverse impact of slumping Europe sales and lower profits in South America.
Walt Disney (DIS) announced Tuesday it agreed to acquire Lucasfilm, the maker of the "Star Wars" movies, for $4.05 billion. Disney said it would make at least three more "Star Wars" movies, with the next release scheduled for 2015.
PVH (PVH)agreed to buy Warnaco (WRC) for about $2.9 billion, a deal that will bring brands like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Speedo under one roof. PVH is buying Warnaco for $51.75 in cash and 0.1822 a share of PVH common stock for each Warnaco share. The deal values Warnaco at $68.43, a 34% premium over the last closing price of Warnaco of $50.99.
MasterCard (MA) is forecast by analysts to report third-quarter earnings of $5.93 a share, while rival credit card company Visa (V)is seen posting fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $1.50 a share. This Week's Key Earnings Reports
MetLife (MET), the insurance giant, is expected to report third-quarter earnings at $1.28 a share on revenue of $17.15 billion.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV