1 In 4 Spaniards Out Of Work At End Of Q3
On Friday, yet another rush-hour go-slow by subway workers caused traffic chaos in the Spanish capital.
Organizations such as the Spanish Red Cross and the Catholic Church charity organization Caritas say unemployment and the austerity measures are leaving tens of thousands of people in need of food and financial help. On Thursday, Caritas said the foundation run by Amancio Ortega â¿¿ founder of the Zara store parent company Inditex â¿¿ would donate â¿¬20 million to help buy food, medicines and school material.
The statistics institute said Spain now has 1.8 million households in which no one has work.
The institute said the once-booming construction sector is the worst hit, with 56,100 fewer jobs. Of Spain's 17 regions, southern Andalusia lost most jobs â¿¿ 58,400 â¿¿ while northeastern Catalonia saw its unemployment numbers increase by 36,300.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV