Chevron Products Company (a Chevron U.S.A. Inc. division), maker of the Delo
brand of technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants and coolants, today crowned Ryan Haass of the Devine FFA Champion of the 2012 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition for his restoration of a 1970 Case 1070. The Devine, TX entrant was one of twelve finalists invited to Indianapolis to participate in this year’s competition. The national event, which delivers the coveted teen tractor restoration title, took place during the 85
National FFA (Future Farmers of America) Convention in Indianapolis this week. As Champion, Ryan Haass receives a $10,000 prize. Ryan Haass is only the second person in the competition’s history to win first place two years in a row.
Colin Graff of the Hondo FFA from Hondo, TX was voted Reserve Champion for his restoration of a 1950 John Deere A and received a prize of $5,000. Third place was awarded to Matt Mahler of the Iowa Park FFA from Iowa Park, TX for his restoration of a 1955 Ford 850 and received $3,000.
Box Elder FFA of Brigham City, UT was voted the winner of the Best Video competition with over 70,000 votes. Each team member will receive a Kindle Fire®*.
“The Delo Tractor Restoration Competition is an annual tradition, which represents the ambition and passion of America’s youth,” said Channing Reeder, indirect channel marketing specialist, Chevron Products Company. “The program offers a tremendous learning opportunity for participants to work with their teachers, family, friends and community in order to accomplish a restoration project many would never think possible. Chevron continues to be impressed with the level of commitment and innovation exhibited by all the competitors and is proud to support their continued educational and professional endeavors.”
2012 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Team finalists include:
- Box Elder FFA: Brigham City, Utah – 1948 Allis Chalmers W Speed Patrol
- Brazos FFA: Wallis, Texas – 1978 John Deere 4440
- Devine FFA: Devine, Texas – 1970 Case 1070
- Dubiski Career High School: Grand Prairie, Texas – 1956 John Deere 420
- Eufaula FFA: Eufaula, Alabama –1951 Massey Harris 30
- Hondo FFA: Hondo, Texas – 1950 John Deere A
- Iowa Park FFA: Iowa Park, Texas – 1955 Ford 850
- Melrose-Mindoro FFA: Melrose, Wisconsin – 1949 Allis Chalmers WD
- Newton FFA: Newton, Kansas – 1947 Oliver 70 Industrial
- Northwood FFA: Nappanee, Indiana – 1957 Farmall 450
- Paso Robles High School: Paso Robles, California – 1935 Allis Chalmers Model M
- Rogers FFA: Rogers, Texas – 1955 Oliver Super 77
Kindle Fire, is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com, Inc. is not a sponsor of this competition.
About The Delo Tractor Restoration Team Competition
Since 1995 the Delo Tractor Restoration Team Competition has rewarded the determination, mechanical skills and business savvy of high school-aged tractor restoration experts from around the country. Through the restoration of an antique tractor, participants develop skills applicable to the modern business world. The skills needed for success in the program – equipment maintenance, teamwork, project management, budgeting, planning and marketing – help develop the participants into future leaders in the agriculture community.