VANCOUVER, British Columbia , Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- St. Elias Mines Ltd. ("St. Elias" or "the Company") (SLI - TSX.V) (Frankfurt Exchange: EKL) (U.S. Clearing Symbol: SELSF), today confirmed that, in accordance with its recently adopted Advance Notice Policy, it has received notice that Mr. Gilby Len Hastman, an electrician from Spruce Grove Alberta, intends to put forward three nominees for election to the St. Elias Board at the forthcoming Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders (the "Meeting").
The individuals proposed by Mr. Hastman consist of himself, his brother Mr. Darcy Kim Hastman, also an electrician, and a third individual, Ted E.R. Rutherglen, who is employed as a Human Resources Manager.
Based on the materials provided by Mr. Gilby Hastman to the Company, the three potential nominees lack the qualifications necessary to lead St. Elias, as their submission to the Company reveals absolutely no experience or expertise in mineral exploration or corporate finance and no prior service as a director of a publicly traded company.St. Elias informs shareholders that the Meeting scheduled for Tuesday November 27, 2012 at 11 a.m. ( Vancouver time) will take place at suite 2900, 550 Burrard Street in Vancouver. St. Elias will provide more details to shareholders about this Meeting and the Company's director nominees in its Management Information Circular that will be filed and mailed to shareholders shortly. For additional information on St. Elias and its projects, please visit us at www.steliasmines.com or call Danny Aaron at 1-888-895-5522 (toll free US and Canada). ST. ELIAS MINES LTD. (signed " Lori McClenahan") Lori McClenahan, President
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV