Greatbatch, Inc. (NYSE: GB), today announced results for its third quarter ended September 28, 2012:
- Sales increased 22% over the prior year to $161.3 million and included 8% organic constant currency growth, as well as additional revenue from our acquisitions:
- CRM/Neuromodulation product line revenue increased 13%.
- Portable Medical product line benefiting from new product introductions.
- 20% Vascular Access growth driven by commercialization of medical devices.
- Orthopaedics constant currency revenue declined 6%; continues to be negatively impacted by operational issues at our Swiss facilities, which are aggressively being addressed.
- Third quarter GAAP operating income of $2.1 million and diluted EPS loss of $0.32 per share decreased versus the prior year primarily due to charges incurred in connection with the consolidation of our Swiss Orthopaedic operations, which are ultimately expected to improve profitability beginning in 2013.
- Adjusted operating income increased 27% over the prior year due to revenue growth and improved operating leverage. This increase resulted in adjusted diluted EPS of $0.46 per share for the third quarter, 12% above the prior year.
- Cash flows from operations were $16 million for the third quarter, which enabled the Company to pay down an additional $6 million of long-term debt.
|Three Months Ended|
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)||September 28,||September 30,||%||June 29,||%|
|GAAP Operating Income||$||2,127||$||12,888||-83%||$||11,091||-81%|
|GAAP Operating Income as % of Sales||1.3%||9.8%||6.7%|
|Adjusted Operating Income*||$||18,664||$||14,714||27%||$||18,589||0%|
|Adjusted Operating Income as % of Sales||11.6%||11.2%||11.2%|
|GAAP Diluted EPS||$||(0.32)||$||0.30||N/A||$||0.16||N/A|
|Adjusted Diluted EPS*||$||0.46||$||0.41||12%||$||0.43||7%|
|* Refer to Tables A and B at the end of this release for a reconciliation of GAAP to adjusted amounts.|
“During the quarter, we continued to drive growth in our core business and benefited from favorable market trends and new product introductions within our Portable Medical product line,” commented Thomas J. Hook, President & CEO, Greatbatch Inc. “Additionally, during the quarter, we continued to deepen our relationship with our larger OEM customers and successfully negotiated several long-term agreements which secured existing revenue streams, as well as expanded those relationships into other product lines. As we move forward, our goal is to continue to drive core growth through an increased focus on and investment in sales and marketing and the commercialization of our medical device pipeline. Additionally, we are focused on further improving profitability by leveraging our infrastructure and optimizing our R&D investment. I am pleased with the progress we have made on our strategic objectives and remain confident that these initiatives will improve the long-term growth and profitability of our Company.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV