- Net income of $2.0 million or $0.25 per diluted share, up 15% from net income of $1.7 million or $0.21 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2011 and up 47% from $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2012;
- Excluding special items for each quarter, net income was $1.5 million or $0.19 per diluted share for 2012 versus net income of $422,000 or $0.05 per diluted share for 2011 and $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share from the second quarter of 2012 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- The completion of a previously announced early retirement program, which added $641,000 in additional expense for the quarter, but which is expected to save approximately $700,000 annually beginning in 2013;
- Loan growth for the quarter, excluding loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $39.5 million or 8%;
- A decrease in loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions of $9.5 million or 9% for the quarter;
- A decrease in provision for loan losses, excluding FDIC-acquired loans, of $250,000 to $750,000 for the third quarter of 2012 compared with $1.0 million for the same quarter for 2011 and $750,000 for the second quarter of 2012;
- Provision for loan losses of $1.2 million for FDIC-acquired loans with approximately 80% of the losses reimbursable by the FDIC compared with no provision expense on such loans for the third quarter of 2011 and $341,000 for the second quarter of 2012;
- A decrease in annualized net charge-offs to 0.24% for the third quarter of 2012 compared with 0.73% for the third quarter of 2011 and 0.23% for the second quarter of 2012; and
- Elected fair value accounting for mortgage loans held for sale for the third quarter resulting in an overall positive impact to earnings of $492,000.
Heritage Financial Group, Inc. Reports Higher Third Quarter Net Income Of $2.0 Million Or $0.25 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.