Non-GAAP income from operations, which excludes stock-based compensation, employer payroll taxes on stock transactions, and amortization of intangible assets, was $4.3 million for the third quarter of 2012, compared to non-GAAP income from operations of $5.2 million for the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income, which also assumes a 32% estimated long-term effective tax rate, was $1.8 million for the third quarter of 2012, compared to non-GAAP net income of $4.1 million for the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income per diluted common share for the third quarter of 2012 was $0.02, compared to non-GAAP net income per diluted common share of $0.05 for the third quarter of 2011.
GAAP and non-GAAP net income for the third quarter of 2012 include a $1.7 million foreign exchange loss, compared to a foreign exchange gain of $0.8 million in the prior year period.
The tables at the end of this press release include a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP income (loss) from operations and net income (loss) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012 and 2011. An explanation of these and other measures, including constant currency comparisons, is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures."
Cash and cash equivalents were $193.1 million on September 30, 2012, compared to $177.4 million on December 31, 2011. For the nine months ended September 30, 2012, net cash provided by operating activities was $25.4 million, compared to $11.0 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2011.Other Third Quarter and Recent Business Highlights:
- Revenue in the Americas was $30.5 million, up 14% over the prior year period and representing 35% of total revenue for the quarter. European countries generated $46.1 million in revenue, up 10% over the prior year period and representing 54% of total revenue for the quarter. Rest of World revenue was $9.5 million, up 43% over the prior year period and representing 11% of total revenue for the quarter.
- On a constant currency basis, revenue in the Americas increased 16% over the prior year period, European revenue increased 19% over the prior year period, and revenue from Rest of World increased 48% over the prior year period.
- Ended the third quarter of 2012 with an active customer count of over 26,000.
- Added new customers during the third quarter of 2012 including Colgate Palmolive Russia, Japan Steel Works, National Institutes of Health, Textron Systems Corporation, and Toshiba America.
- Expanded numerous customer engagements globally through our land and expand strategy including Danone South-West Europe, Honda Europe NV, Monsanto Company, National Australian Bank, Oxford Brookes University, Pernod Ricard Belgium, RWE IT GmbH, Travelers Insurance, Turk Ekonomi Bankasi (TEB), and T-Mobile Netherlands BV.
- Announced the launch planned for later this year of QlikView Direct Discovery for direct access to big data sources within QlikView apps. Direct Discovery can link data loaded in memory with big data sources for rapid visual analysis. With this hybrid model, there is no need to choose between direct access to big data or pre-loading data in-memory -- you can have both.
- Announced a partnership with Teradata to provide a seamless user experience to joint customers, regardless of where the data resides, whether in-memory or in the enterprise data warehouse.
- Announced the availability of the QlikView Governance Dashboard, a free product available on QlikMarket that provides customers with visibility into their QlikView deployments, enabling them to maximize data governance practices and optimize their QlikView investment.
- Results of comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence products conducted by BARC showed that QLIK is considered a leading Visual Analysis and Data Discovery vendor and a leading BI giant. QlikView ranked first among the BI Giants peer group in visual analysis, innovation, agility and shortest project length. In the Visual Analysis and Data Discovery peer group, QlikView ranked first in lowest cost per seat, lowest numbers of administrators per seat, lowest cost, and mobile BI.