10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, and PDI's subsequently filed quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K. Because of these and other risks, uncertainties and assumptions, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements. In addition, these statements speak only as of the date of this press release and, except as may be required by law, PDI undertakes no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
PDI presents certain non-GAAP financial measures such as operating income excluding certain charges and Adjusted EBITDA on a forward-looking basis as part of its outlook for 2012. The company believes that these non-GAAP financial measures, when presented in conjunction with comparable GAAP financial measures, are useful to both management and investors in analyzing the company's future business and future operating performance. The company believes that providing the non-GAAP information to investors, in addition to the GAAP presentation, allows investors to view the company's outlook results in the way that management views financial outlook.
Operating income excluding certain charges is a non-GAAP metric used by management to assess the future performance of the core operating business. Information to reconcile this measure to GAAP based operating income is contained in the release.
Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP metric used by management to measure future cash flow of the core operating business and liquidity. Adjusted EBITDA is defined as operating income (loss), plus depreciation and amortization, non-cash stock-based compensation, and other non-cash expenses. The company estimates depreciation of approximately $2.0 million, non-cash stock compensation of $1.9 million and no other non-cash expenses for the full year of 2012.SOURCE PDI, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV