EdR (NYSE:EDR), one of the nation’s largest developers, owners and managers of collegiate housing, today announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Core funds from operations (“Core FFO”) was $5.9 million or $0.06 per share/unit for the third quarter, compared to $2.4 million or $0.03 per share/unit in the prior year;
- Same-community net operating income (“NOI”) for the quarter increased 8.8% on a 2.3% increase in revenues and a 0.6% reduction in operating expenses;
- Same-community net rental rates increased 5.1% for the 2012-2013 lease term;
- Same-community portfolio opened the 2012-2013 lease term 90.5% occupied, compared to opening 94.7% occupied the prior lease term;
- Signed agreements with the University of Kentucky for Phase II of the multi-year, 9,000-bed, campus-housing revitalization project. Phase II includes four communities with 2,317 beds and total estimated project costs of $133.7 million. These communities are scheduled to open summer of 2014;
- Acquired three communities with a total of 1,847 beds and an aggregate purchase price of $137.3 million;
- Closed on the sale of two communities, NorthPointe serving University of Arizona and The Reserve on Frankford serving Texas Tech University, for a gross sales price and net cash proceeds of approximately $42.3 million;
- The previously announced $74.8 million acquisition of two communities at Texas Tech University with a total of 866 beds is scheduled to close in the fourth quarter of 2012; and
- Raised $180.9 million in net proceeds from a follow-on equity offering in August 2012, selling 17.3 million shares, including the exercise of the underwriters' option to purchase additional shares.
"The transformation of our portfolio of communities continues to evolve as we further work to position EdR to outperform in this growing industry,” commented Randy Churchey, EdR's president and chief executive officer. "We have sold 35% of the communities that were in our portfolio at the beginning of 2010 and since that time we have also added $468 million of acquisitions and $91 million of developments to our portfolio. In addition we announced $343 million of developments delivering in 2013 and 2014. The culmination of these transactions has reduced our median distance from campus to 0.2 miles from 1.3 miles, increased our average rental rate by 20% to $562 per bed and continues us along the path of adding well-located quality assets to our portfolio."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV