Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Review
- Net sales were $376.4 million compared to $414.4 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin was 42.3% compared to 49.0% for the same period last year.
- Diluted earnings per share was $1.18 compared to $1.59 for the same period last year.
- UGG® brand sales decreased 11.6% to $332.8 million compared to $376.7 million for the same period last year.
- Teva® brand sales increased 22.1% to $17.9 million compared to $14.7 million for the same period last year.
- Sanuk® brand sales increased 17.6% to $18.3 compared to $15.6 million for the same period last year.
- Domestic sales decreased 6.1% to $242.2 million compared to $257.9 million for the same period last year.
- International sales decreased 14.2% to $134.2 million compared to $156.4 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 12.8% to $39.1 million compared to $34.7 million for the same period last year; same store sales decreased 13.1% for the thirteen weeks ending September 30, 2012 compared to the thirteen weeks ending October 2, 2011.
- eCommerce sales increased 29.3% to $13.3 million compared to $10.3 million for the same period last year.
“Over the past two years, we have raised prices on selective key styles to help mitigate the impact of an 80% increase in our sheepskin and raw material costs over this same period,” stated Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. “We believe that these selective price increases, particularly during a period of one of the warmest years on record, has pushed us above the consumer’s price-value expectations for the UGG brand. We also believe that this has resulted in softer than expected third quarter sell-through trends in our Company owned stores, and has pushed back the start of the brand’s key selling season at retail this year. However, based on positive consumer feedback, the performance of new product introductions, and market research data, we continue to be confident in the strength and popularity of our brand portfolio and the multiple growth opportunities that still lie ahead.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV