Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Review
- Net sales were $376.4 million compared to $414.4 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin was 42.3% compared to 49.0% for the same period last year.
- Diluted earnings per share was $1.18 compared to $1.59 for the same period last year.
- UGG® brand sales decreased 11.6% to $332.8 million compared to $376.7 million for the same period last year.
- Teva® brand sales increased 22.1% to $17.9 million compared to $14.7 million for the same period last year.
- Sanuk® brand sales increased 17.6% to $18.3 compared to $15.6 million for the same period last year.
- Domestic sales decreased 6.1% to $242.2 million compared to $257.9 million for the same period last year.
- International sales decreased 14.2% to $134.2 million compared to $156.4 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 12.8% to $39.1 million compared to $34.7 million for the same period last year; same store sales decreased 13.1% for the thirteen weeks ending September 30, 2012 compared to the thirteen weeks ending October 2, 2011.
- eCommerce sales increased 29.3% to $13.3 million compared to $10.3 million for the same period last year.
“Over the past two years, we have raised prices on selective key styles to help mitigate the impact of an 80% increase in our sheepskin and raw material costs over this same period,” stated Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. “We believe that these selective price increases, particularly during a period of one of the warmest years on record, has pushed us above the consumer’s price-value expectations for the UGG brand. We also believe that this has resulted in softer than expected third quarter sell-through trends in our Company owned stores, and has pushed back the start of the brand’s key selling season at retail this year. However, based on positive consumer feedback, the performance of new product introductions, and market research data, we continue to be confident in the strength and popularity of our brand portfolio and the multiple growth opportunities that still lie ahead.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV