- Total consolidated revenue grew to a record $276.7 million for the quarter, an increase of $15.1 million, or 5.8%, compared to the three months ended September 30, 2011. On a constant currency basis, total consolidated revenue increased by $21.2 million, or 8.1%.
- Total unsecured consumer lending revenue increased to $178.6 million for the quarter, representing an increase of $25.5 million, or 16.2%, on a constant currency basis compared to the prior year period. Revenue from internet-based loans grew to $75.5 million for the quarter, representing an increase of $18.6 million, or 31.4%, on a constant currency basis compared to the prior year period.
- Total revenue from pawn lending decreased by 1.3% to $19.7 million for the three months ended September 30, 2012, on a constant currency basis compared to the prior year period, due to a decline in the price of gold which resulted in lower auction and scrap margins on un-redeemed pawn pledges during the quarter.
- Reflecting significant investments incurred during the quarter to support future period expansion and growth, as well as additional operating expenses related to a large number of recently opened de novo stores in the United Kingdom, consolidated adjusted EBITDA was $72.9 million for the three months ended September 30, 2012, representing a decrease of $1.6 million, or 2.1%, compared to the prior year period. On a constant currency basis, consolidated adjusted EBITDA increased by $0.1 million during the same period.
- Diluted operating earnings per share was $0.47 for the fiscal 2013 first quarter compared to $0.52 for the first quarter of the previous fiscal year.
- The Company opened 23 de novo stores during the quarter across the United Kingdom, Canada, Poland and Spain, and acquired 19 competitor stores in the United Kingdom and 2 franchise stores in Canada.
DFC Global Corp. Announces Fiscal First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts