Mich. Reports 2nd Straight Big Jobless Rate Drop
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Michigan is reporting a second straight big drop in unemployment, with the rate down 2.1 percentage points in two months.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget said Thursday that Michigan's seasonally unadjusted unemployment rate stood at 8.2 percent in September, down from 9.2 percent in August and 10.3 percent in July. The rate was 9.8 percent in September 2011.
The department says joblessness fell in all 17 of Michigan's major labor markets. It says the main reason was a shrinkage in the size of the labor force, down 36,000 since August.
The Detroit labor market's jobless rate fell to 10 percent in September, down from 10.9 percent in August. In the Grand Rapids area, joblessness fell to 6 percent from 6.9 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV