Illinois' Unemployment Drops In All Metro Areas
CHICAGO (AP) â¿¿ The Illinois Department of Employment Security says there's good news in Illinois' latest unemployment figures.
For September, the unemployment rates are down in all of Illinois' metro areas compared to last year.
The figures released Thursday show that the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island area logged the lowest rate last month at 6.5 percent. That was down from 7.3 percent in September 2011.
Rockford remains the Illinois metro area with the highest unemployment rate, but it dropped from 13.6 percent in September 2011 to 11 percent last month.Employment Security Director Jay Rowell says the improved metro unemployment rates show that Illinois has made progress but more needs to be done.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV