Today, Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG), the nation’s largest drugstore chain, and the People’s Choice Awards, the only major awards show voted on entirely by the public for favorites in movies, music and television, announce the drugstore’s appointment as the official retail sponsor of the 39 th annual People’s Choice Awards.
As part of the sponsorship, Walgreens is bringing new and distinct elements to the program. For the first time, consumers will have the opportunity to engage in early voting for two People’s Choice Awards categories. From Oct. 28 through Nov. 14, fans can cast their votes for Favorite New TV Drama and Favorite New TV Comedy by visiting Walgreens.com and DuaneReade.com. Also new this year, Walgreens will be sponsoring a special award that reflects the company’s purpose to help people get, stay and live well within the community. The award will be presented to a worthy celebrity during the LIVE broadcast on Jan. 9, 2013.
“We are thrilled to become the official sponsor for the People’s Choice Awards and look forward to engaging with our customers in a unique and exclusive way,” said Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens. “The community award presented by Walgreens is an exceptional way to highlight an individual who positively impacts the community and reflects our purpose to help people get, stay and live well.”
“In the 39-year history of the People’s Choice Awards we have never opened a category for early voting.” said Fred Nelson, President of People’s Choice. “Partnering with Walgreens to give early voting access for Favorite New TV Drama and Favorite New TV Comedy provides a great opportunity for our fans. Walgreens is helping the People’s Choice Awards provide fans with exactly what they want – the ability to vote early, vote often and have their voices heard.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV