Nearest Resistance: $19.50
Nearest Support: $17Catalyst: Q2 Earnings Beat Symantec (SYMC) is another name that's moving higher today following earnings news. The security software company saw second quarter profits jump by 6%, spurring a nearly 6% jump in shares as I write. But the trading implications are still tentative at this point. >>4 Stocks Showing Strength in a Weak Market That's because while the jump did definitively break SYMC out of the downtrend in shares that started in September, it pushed the stock right in between resistance at $19.50 and support at $17. I wouldn't recommend becoming a buyer unless this firm can build enough strength to break out above that $19.50 level. The fade in today's price action makes me think that we'll need to see some sideways movement before that can happen. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV