Nearest Resistance: $2.50
Nearest Support: $2.10Catalyst: Q3 Earnings Beat Social media gaming site Zynga (ZNGA) is probably the most unlikely gainer today. Shares of the firm have had a rock tied to them since March, but the stock is up around 11% as I write today. >>5 Hated Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings The big catalyst for Zynga earnings. The firm reported better earnings than expected for the third quarter, impressing investors just a few days after discreet layoffs pushed analysts to rethink estimates. While the news is good for ZNGA shareholders, it doesn't do much to change the firm's technical outlook right now. That's because even though ZNGA is up 11% this afternoon, shares are still sitting just below resistance at $2.50. In fact, shares actually managed to hit their head on that $2.50 price level before reversing lower intraday/ That tells us that the glut of supply that's caused $2.50 to act as a price ceiling is still there. In spite of today's gains, I'm still calling Zynga a social media stock to sell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV