Progress Energy Carolinas will own and maintain the charging equipment for the duration of the research project, which ends April 2013. Ownership and maintenance responsibilities will transfer to the commercial customers at the conclusion of the research project. The utility has also installed 150 charging stations at homes in its service area, as part of its "Plugged In" residential charging station research program.
The commercial and residential charging station research programs are partly funded through a smart grid grant from the U.S. Department of Energy as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Duke Energy Carolinas, a subsidiary of Duke Energy, has also installed 150 residential charging stations at homes across the Carolinas, as part of its Charge Carolinas program. More information about plug-in electric vehicles can be found at www.duke-energy.com/plugin.
Progress Energy Carolinas, a subsidiary of Duke Energy, provides electricity and related services to nearly 1.5 million customers in North Carolina and South Carolina. The company is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., and maintains a diverse generation fleet of more than 12,200 megawatts in owned capacity. PEC serves a territory encompassing more than 34,000 square miles, including the cities of Raleigh, Wilmington and Asheville in North Carolina and Florence and Sumter in South Carolina. More information is available at www.progress-energy.com.Contact our 24-hour media line: 800-559-DUKE (3853) Follow Progress Energy Carolinas on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ProgEnergyNC_SC Follow Progress Energy Carolinas on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgressEnergyCarolinas SOURCE Duke Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV