One more under-$10 stock that's trading within range of triggering a major breakout trade is 8x8 (EGHT), which offers voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for business of all sizes. This stock has been on fire so far in 2012, with shares up by over 110%.
If you take a look at the chart for 8x8, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending very strong for the last six months, with shares soaring from a low of $3.80 to its recent high of $7.02 a share. During that uptrend, shares of EGHT have been making higher lows and high highs, which is bullish technical price action. The stock recently pulled back off $7.02 to a low of $5.62 a share, but it's started to rebound back above its 50-day and move within range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in EGHT once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $6.55 to $7.02 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 850,540 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then EGHT will have a great chance of hitting $8 to $10 a share or possible even higher.One could look to buy EGHT off weakness to anticipate that breakout, and simply use a stop that sits right around its 50-day at $6.21 a share. One could also buy off strength once EGHT clears $6.55 to $7.02 a share with high volume and then simply use the same stop at around $6.21 a share. To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under $10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV