Another under-$10 stock that's setting up to trigger a near-term breakout trade is Medgenics (MDGN), a medical technology and therapeutics company focused on providing sustained protein therapies. This stock has been on fire so far in 2012, with shares up a whopping 275%.
If you take a look at the chart for Medgenics, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending for the last four months, with shares falling from a high of $16.43 to a recent low of $8.25 a share. During that downtrend, shares of MDGN have been mostly making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of MDGN have recently started to bounce off its 200-day and are now pushing within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV