The New York Times ( NYTimes.com) has announced the availability of the latest news and award-winning journalism from The Times, designed and formatted for an optimal reading experience on Windows 8. The New York Times app will be available through the Windows Store for Windows 8 starting Friday, October 26.
In addition, The Times will have its own channel within the Bing News app, which will be pre-installed on all Windows 8 devices, including desktop and laptop computers, as well as tablets, like the Microsoft Surface tablet.
Both products offer in-app authentication for existing Times subscribers. Nonsubscribers will have access to the Top News section within the app and will be able to purchase digital subscriptions for full access.
Subscribers will have access to all of The Times’s content on both apps, including full articles, videos, photos, slideshows and blogs. The apps feature tiles, which allow users to pin any of the sections and blogs to quickly see the latest headlines at a glance. Other new functions include:
- Windows signature panorama display
- Edge swiping for easy navigation
- Cloud incorporation for article access from multiple devices
- Offline reading
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV