Sanderson Farms, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAFM) today announced that its Board of Directors has named Tim Rigney as Controller and Corporate Secretary of the Company, effective November 1, 2012. He will succeed James A. Grimes, who has announced his retirement from Sanderson Farms effective October 31, 2012.
With this appointment, Rigney, age 48, will perform the functions of the principal accounting officer for Sanderson Farms. He has served as the Company’s Corporate Accounting Manager since 2004 and has been employed by Sanderson Farms in various financial capacities since 1990. Rigney is a graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi and is a certified public accountant.
Commenting on the announcement, Joe F. Sanderson, Jr., chairman, president and chief executive officer of Sanderson Farms, Inc., said, "We are pleased to recognize the contributions that Tim Rigney has made to Sanderson Farms. He brings the right combination of financial expertise and business experience to this position. We look forward to his expanded role with our management team.”
Sanderson added, "In his thirty-three years of dedicated service, Jimmy Grimes has played an important role in the growth and development of Sanderson Farms. He joined the Company in 1979 as an internal auditor and was promoted to Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer in 1985. We are very grateful for his many contributions to our success and we wish him all the best in his retirement."Sanderson Farms, Inc. is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen chicken and other prepared food items. Its shares trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SAFM. SAFM-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV