eBay (EBAY) is a name that was in a trend channel but broke out of it at the start of September, when it started consolidating sideways. But here too, there's a technical price setup that points to more upside. For eBay, it's an inverse head and shoulders pattern.
The inverse head and shoulders is probably one of the best-known patterns among would-be traders because of its name and unique appearance. It's formed by three swing lows in a stock's price chart. The outside two, the shoulders, come in at approximately the same level, and they're separated by the head, a lower trough in the pattern. The buy signal comes when the neckline gets broken. eBay's neckline comes in right under $51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV