It's been a solid year for shareholders in JPMorgan Chase (JPM). The $158 billion big bank has seen its shares rally more than 25% so far in 2012, despite a series of conspicuous missteps that made JPM a media punching bag earlier in the year. Now, the firm looks well-positioned to keep up its momentum.
The most important thing about the climb in JPM is that it's been orderly. Since the June correction in the S&P, JPM has managed to climb higher within an uptrending channel, a price area that's helped traders to identify the high probability moves in shares. The fact that JPM has successfully tested support four times without failing is a good sign -- it indicates that shares can still catch a bid underneath that trend line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV