BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Wait, the stock market isn't going to zero this month?
That's the question that investors seem to be asking this morning as Mr. Market bounces higher off of what's been a sharp correction in the S&P 500.
Certainly, some big things have happened to stocks in the past week. On Tuesday, the S&P got shoved hard below the bottom of the trend channel that I pointed out last week. No, that's not a great sign for buyers -- and in fact, it's a good sell signal for traders who look toward the very short-term.For 99% of investors, though, the primary trend is what matters. And the primary trend in the S&P 500 is still unquestionably up. Right now, the S&P is approaching important support at 1400; that means that stocks are likely to find buyers at these price levels. So, with the broad market coming up on an important inflection point, it makes sense to take a technical look at five big names that are tradable this week. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Hates Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at the charts of five high-volume stocks to trade for gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV