GROTON, Conn., Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a $17.5 million contract modification to perform reactor-plant planning yard services for nuclear submarines and support yard services for moored training ships. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
The contract being modified was initially awarded in November 2011 and has a potential cumulative value of $121.2 million through 2016 if all options are exercised and funded. Most of the work will be performed in Groton, with the remainder taking place in Charleston, S.C., where the moored training ships are based.
This work will engage Electric Boat's engineering and design organization, which comprises more than 4,000 employees. Possessing proven technical capabilities, these employees work on all facets of the submarine life cycle from concept formulation and design through construction, maintenance and modernization, and eventually to inactivation and disposal.
More information about General Dynamics is available on the Internet at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV