EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The October 17 " Solar Energy" online trade show and event hosted by GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 2,400 participants, with 83 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec's "Solar Energy" event provided opportunities to explore the latest developments in photovoltaic and solar thermal systems; learn of developments in concentrating solar power; and examine new applications for passive solar. Attendees were able to interact with exhibitors, network with their peers, and participate in key educational sessions to help them keep pace with today's fast-changing alternative and renewable energy marketplace.
Industrial professionals were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office."Our Solar Energy online event was a great opportunity for industrial professionals to learn about the issues, topics and technologies that are impacting the alternative and renewable energy industries," said Donna Lewis, vice president of e-publishing and e-events for GlobalSpec. "Exhibitors were able to showcase their products and services and share their industry expertise with an engaged audience in a highly interactive environment." Speakers and topics at the event included:
- North America Solar Outlook: A Rational View – This presentation provided an up-to-date assessment of modifications to North American solar policies and their impact on the timing and shape of future PV investment. Presented by Wade Shafer, research analyst, IHS Emerging Energy Research; Thomas Maslin, senior analyst, IHS Emerging Energy Research; Reese Tisdale, (former) research director, IHS EER's Solar Advisory Services
- When Does Solar Make Sense for a Remote Site?– High performance lubricants from DuPont can improve vehicle quality through increased life of components and reduced noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH). These synthetic lubricants can help automotive OEMs and system suppliers to reduce costs associated with warranty claims and avoid costly alternative solutions. This presentation showed how your system and component designs can benefit from this technology. Presented by Richard Martino, engineering manager, SunWize Technologies
- Keep on Tracking — SKF Perspective on the Solar Energy Market – Solar energy is poised for unprecedented growth globally, supported by the development of various technologies ranging from photovoltaics (PV) to concentrating photovoltaics (CPV) panels and concentrated solar power (CSP) systems. Tracking systems are needed to increase productivity and reduce power generation costs, thus supporting the world's green initiatives. Presented by Mahdi Sebti, global segment manager, Renewable Energy Business Unit, SKF
- Ensuring the Longevity of Solar Electrical Inverters – The longevity and reliability of electrical inverters in solar electric systems is highly dependent on the level of protection from harsh environmental factors. This presentation discussed four key factors that must be considered in the design of enclosures for electrical inverters. Presented by Steven Leidig, manager of enclosure engineering, Crenlo
- Charged Quantum Dots Boost Solar Cell Efficiency – A novel and original technology that is based on effective control of electron processes via nanoscale engineering of a three-dimensional potential profile employing quantum dots with built-in charge (Q-BIC). Modeling and experiments show that the Q-BIC design increases solar cell efficiency due to enhanced harvesting of solar radiation and suppression of recombination processes. Presented by Vladimir Mitin, acting CEO, Optoelectronic Nanodevices LLC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts