The HOME OF THE WHOPPER ® is preparing a celebration in honor of its beloved, signature sandwich that is fit for a king! Burger King Worldwide (NYSE: BKW) today proudly unveiled plans to celebrate the 55 th Anniversary of the iconic, original WHOPPER ® sandwich. BURGER KING ® restaurant guests nationwide can now enjoy three new, limited-time menu items in commemorative retro-style anniversary packaging, with more exciting anniversary-related announcements planned for the coming weeks.
To commemorate the 55th Anniversary of the WHOPPER(R) Sandwich, BURGER KING(R) restaurants are introducing new, limited-time menu items, retro-style packaging and more! (Photo: Business Wire)
“The WHOPPER ® Sandwich has been the iconic flagship of the BURGER KING ® menu since its introduction in 1957,” said Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. “We invite consumers to join us in celebrating this milestone with delicious, new limited-time products created in honor of AMERICA’S FAVORITE BURGER TM.”
The new 55 th Anniversary limited-time-only menu offerings include a line of great-tasting products freshly prepared for guests to enjoy in fun, retro-style packaging:
- Wisconsin White Cheddar WHOPPER ® Sandwich ~ The newest addition to the fire-grilled menu includes the Wisconsin White Cheddar WHOPPER ® Sandwich prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef, topped with thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, natural Wisconsin white cheddar cheese, juicy tomatoes, freshly cut lettuce, crunchy pickle slices, sliced red onions, all on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a WHOPPER JR. ® Sandwich. (Suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively).
- ANGRY WHOPPER ® Sandwich ~ The heat is on as BK ® invites guests to fire up their taste buds by bringing back the popular ANGRY WHOPPER ® Sandwich. Prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef, thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, melted Habanero cheese, jalapeño slices, spicy onion petals, red ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce and angry sauce, all served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a WHOPPER JR. ® Sandwich. (Suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively).
- Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries ~ A new “twist” on the popular sweet potato fries, this savory sweet alternative is seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices and served hot and fresh each day. (Suggested retail price starts at $1.89).
The new, commemorative WHOPPER ® 55 th Anniversary menu items are available for a limited-time-only at participating BK ® restaurants nationwide. So stop by a local BURGER KING ® restaurant to sample the new menu items and join in the celebration of AMERICA’S FAVORITE BURGER TM.ABOUT BURGER KING WORLDWIDE Founded in 1954, BURGER KING ® (NYSE: BKW) is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER ®, the BURGER KING ® system operates in over 12,600 locations serving over 11 million guests daily in 86 countries and territories worldwide. Approximately 94 percent of BURGER KING ® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. To learn more about Burger King Worldwide, please visit the company's website at www.bk.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50453988&lang=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV