Neonode Inc (NASDAQ: NEON), the optical touch technology company announced today that the company added 18 new design-wins during the third quarter of 2012 (ended September 30 th), to bring the year-to-date total to 58, which is up over 200% year-over-year. More significantly, the quality of these wins, their associated OEMs, and diversified high-volume end-markets further validate Neonode's optical touch technology and increasing market traction. A substantial increase in the number of wins in the first half of 2012 was expected due to the release of the NN1001 Single Chip Controller, developed together with Texas Instruments, in the beginning of the first quarter. The excellent traction has strengthened in the third quarter, which normally is seasonally soft.
By end market, Neonode has 58 YTD wins across all key segments, including:
- Automotive (12) - includes platform wins at multiple Tier-One global automobile OEMs
- Office Equipment (13) - includes multiple platform wins at Tier-One OEMs
- Mobile Phones (4) - includes wins at Tier-One handset OEMs
- Tablets (8) - includes both technology and industrial design wins with existing and new customers
- Toys and gaming (5) - includes wins at award-winning education-device OEM
- E-readers (9) – includes five wins at existing customers and four new customers
- Other segments (7) – includes Tier One wins for after-market aviation and automobile GPS systems
"While there can be no assurance that these wins will ultimately ship, design activity for, and interest-in, our disruptive optical touch technology is intensifying. This is due to our technology's compelling value-proposition, which offers all the features and performance of competing touch technologies, at an extremely competitive price. With our latest solutions, it is possible to run all of our software directly on an Application/Baseband processor. This means that we can reduce hardware BOM cost even further, and at the same time deliver superior product-performance to our customers, while expanding the addressable markets for touch," said Thomas Eriksson, CEO of Neonode, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts