Distinguished Corporate Attorney Chip Presten Joins Arnall Golden Gregory In Atlanta
ATLANTA, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Chip Presten, one of the South's leading mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance attorneys, has joined Arnall Golden Gregory's Corporate and Securities Practice.
- Mr. Presten, formerly of Schiff Hardin in Atlanta, advised AT&T in its $67 billion acquisition of BellSouth.
- Mr. Presten represented the holding company M&F Worldwide when it purchased the John H. Harland Co. for $1.7 billion, reshaping the check-printing market.
- Mr. Presten also founded Troutman Sanders' Private Equity Practice. At Troutman, he was involved in more than $90 billion of mergers and acquisitions and securities transactions, and participated in the formation of several of Atlanta's private equity funds, including Atlanta Equity.
"AGG presents a compelling opportunity to significantly contribute to a growing firm with a historically strong Corporate and Securities Practice," Mr. Presten said.
Managing Partner Glenn Hendrix added, "We're happy to get Chip. We're impressed with him individually and, from a practice area standpoint, we're still bullish on corporate law and transactions in this market. It's a space that some of the other, larger firms are de-emphasizing post-recession, but corporate work is a great engine to build a law firm around."At Arnall Golden Gregory, Mr. Presten represents both public and private companies in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions and securities transactions, including private equity transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, and offerings of debt and equity securities. He also advises on fiduciary obligations and duties of directors and officers, preparation of annual and quarterly reports, proxy statements and shareholder meeting materials, Section 16 short-swing trading and insider reporting concerns, and Rule 144 and Rule 145 requirements. Mr. Presten graduated magna cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law and Washington and Lee University. For the past several years, Best Lawyers has recognized Mr. Presten as one of the country's top corporate attorneys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV