While the iPad doesn't generate as much revenue for Apple as the iPhone, there are some concerns that Apple may miss sales estimates for its popular tablet. Cook announced that Apple recently sold its 100 millionth iPad just a couple weeks ago, which could indicate that Apple sold roughly 16 million iPads in the quarter. As a result, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster believes "expectations for the September quarter are achievable following the company's iPad 'pre-announcement' of ~15 million units in September."
Apple shares eged lower in early Thursday trading, slipping 0.21% to $615.53.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco, Calif.
>Contact by Email.Follow @Commodity_Bull >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV