Diversinet Strengthens Mobile Healthcare Platform
36 New Features Enhance Patient Engagement
TORONTO, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTCQB: DVNTF), a leader in secure mobile health that "Powers Care Coordination through Mobility," has strengthened its MobiSecure ® mobile healthcare platform with 36 new features in its 4.5 version release. The features help providers and payers rapidly deploy simple, secure mobile applications and improve care coordination and patient health outcomes.
The company's mHealth platform recently became the first to have its encryption technology awarded Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validation.
"Our new MobiSecure Version 4.5 will enable healthcare organizations to more efficiently engage and activate patients in a meaningful way," said Dr. Hon Pak, Diversinet CEO. "We listened to the market, and we added significant features to help our customers innovate rapidly with mobile applications while overcoming concerns about protecting personal data. Healthcare's understanding of engaging patients/consumers in health and healthcare is evolving, and many in healthcare are attempting to determine how best to engage and activate our patients in a meaningful way. Diversinet's platform supports this rapid innovation for patient engagement."New MobiSecure features include:
- Autonomous alerts: This industry-first characteristic means a patient's or caregiver's mobile device does not need to have a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to issue alerts, such as appointment or medication reminders. Apps can provide notifications even when a user is in a rural area without cellular coverage or has a device in airplane mode.
- App wakeup: MobiSecure enables apps to wake up a device to issue an alert. This feature is important to users because it eliminates the need for multiple clicks to open an app.
- Remote data wipe: If a user's device is lost or stolen, MobiSecure enables a remote erasure of all data. This feature is particularly valuable for an organization that develops apps for physicians, home health workers and other caregivers under a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy that could otherwise create risks of exposing confidential information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV