Cigna (NYSE:CI) today is sending a message to America’s entrepreneurs: We want to work together to help you succeed and drive U.S. economic growth.
In a strong show of support for startup companies, Cigna is joining forces with the Startup America Partnership to provide mentoring opportunities, health and wellness education, and access to affordable health and dental plans for Startup America’s 10,400 member companies. Cigna is the first health service company to work with Startup America’s members.
“We know how important mentoring, education, and health insurance benefits are to startups, and we’re excited to bring Cigna on board as a new partner to help our members,” said Scott Case, CEO of the Startup America Partnership. “Cigna believes, as we do, that entrepreneurship is a core American value and critical to the country’s long-term economic success.”
Often, health coverage is too expensive for early stage companies to secure for their employees, which hinders startups in their hiring and growth efforts. This, in turn, poses a challenge to the U.S. economy, as new job growth over the past 30 years has come largely from these emerging companies.“Cigna wants to do its part to support the entrepreneurial spirit that fuels our economy,” said David Guilmette, president, Global Employer Segment. “As Cigna has grown and innovated over the years, we now have the opportunity to be at the forefront of helping young, promising companies do the same. The startup companies we help today are tomorrow’s Fortune 500 companies.” Cigna's relationship with Startup America is a long-term commitment in three important areas:
- Education – Cigna will develop, at no charge, a health and wellness education program for the Startup America Learning Series. Topics will include health care reform, attracting talent and keeping employees healthy, creating affordable and alternative insurance solutions and funding options and choices.
- Exposure and Mentorship – Cigna will look for ways to meet, mentor and do business with startup companies. Selected entrepreneurs will receive mentoring from Cigna’s leadership team. Entrepreneurs also will have an opportunity to present ideas to Cigna’s leadership for future potential strategic partnerships or investments.
- Products and Services – Cigna will offer Startup America members its existing medical and dental offerings that include access to a national network of health care professionals, a 24/7 nurse information line and customer support, and 100 percent coverage for preventive care services. Companies will be able to learn more or enroll in their benefits from a link on the Startup America Partnership website, which points to www.cigna.com/Startup
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts