Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IPAR) today announced that Karl Lagerfeld BV, the internationally renowned haute couture fashion house, and Interparfums SA, its majority-owned subsidiary and the creator of prestige perfumes and cosmetics, have signed a worldwide and exclusive license agreement to create, produce and distribute perfumes under the Karl Lagerfeld brand. This 20-year agreement starting today replaces a previous license between the Karl Lagerfeld and Coty companies which was terminated by mutual consent.
The launch of a new fragrance line is scheduled for 2014.
Karl Lagerfeld commented: “Nothing’s more exciting than a new venture and I am sure that Interparfums SA will go in the best direction and that they have the possibility and the will to do so.”
Pier Paolo Righi, President and CEO of Karl Lagerfeld BV said: “We are extremely excited to enter into a long term partnership with Interparfums SA who fully shares our vision for the strategic development of the Karl Lagerfeld brand and who brings great experience in successfully building luxury fragrance businesses with a long term view.”Jean Madar, Chairman & CEO of Inter Parfums, Inc. added: “Karl Lagerfeld is one of the most talented designers worldwide. We are proud of his confidence in us as a partner to pursue strategic and long term fragrance development for the brand and we will actively devote our know-how and resources in order to contribute to a large international success.” KARL LAGERFELD Company profile Under the creative direction of Karl Lagerfeld, one of the world’s most influential and iconic designers, the Lagerfeld Portfolio represents a modern approach to distribution, an innovative digital strategy and a global 360 degree vision that reflects the designer’s own style and soul. The portfolio comprises three labels:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV