- Sales were $2.06 billion, down 3.9% from $2.14 billion in the third quarter of 2011 and down 7.0% from $2.21 billion in the second quarter of 2012. Tons sold were up 2.0% from the third quarter of 2011 and down 3.5% from the second quarter of 2012.
- Net income was $98.1 million, up 15.5% from $84.9 million in the third quarter of 2011 and down 9.8% from $108.8 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Earnings per diluted share were $1.30, up 15.0% from $1.13 in the third quarter of 2011 and down 9.7% from $1.44 in the second quarter of 2012.
- The 2012 third quarter financial results include in cost of sales a pre-tax LIFO credit, or income, of $27.0 million, compared with a pre-tax LIFO charge, or expense, of $22.5 million for the third quarter of 2011 and a credit of $7.5 million for the second quarter of 2012.
- Cash flow from operations was $247.6 million in the 2012 third quarter.
- Quarterly dividend rate was increased to $.25 per share, an increase of 67%.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. Reports 2012 Third Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts