Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC), a leading civil and building construction company, today announced that it has been awarded a contract to build the New Academic Building for the School of Public Health at the State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. The contract is valued at approximately $73 million.
The New Academic Building will consist of an 8‐story, 119,000 square-foot structure, as well as 6,500 square feet of renovations. The project will include classrooms, exam rooms, universal patient rooms, debriefing rooms, offices, and laboratories. Ennead Architects, LLP is the project designer.
It is estimated that the project will create more than 400 construction jobs in New York City over the next two years. Construction began in late September, with substantial completion anticipated to occur in the fourth quarter of 2014.
About Tutor Perini CorporationTutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV