Dover Motorsports, Inc. (NYSE: DVD) today reported its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Results for this quarter are not comparable to the prior year’s quarter due to the timing of Dover’s fall NASCAR race weekend, the decision not to promote NASCAR sanctioned events at the Company’s Nashville facility after the 2011 season and the prior year charges that resulted from that decision.
The Company’s fall NASCAR race weekend in Dover was held entirely in the third quarter of 2012 while only the K&N Pro Series East event was held during the third quarter of 2011. The NASCAR Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series races were held during the fourth quarter of 2011. Also, the Company promoted a tandem NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Truck Series weekend in Nashville in July of 2011. These events were not held in 2012.
The Company promoted three major events over one weekend in the third quarter of 2012 compared to three major events over two weekends in the third quarter of 2011. Also, the Company hosted the inaugural Firefly Music Festival from July 20-22, 2012 on the Company’s parking grounds. The Company’s involvement included renting the land to the promoter, providing logistical assistance and handling certain concessions.For the quarter ended September 30, 2012 revenues were $22,773,000 compared with $2,916,000 in the third quarter of 2011. The increase in revenues was primarily due to the timing of Dover’s fall NASCAR race weekend mentioned above and to a lesser extent, from concessions revenue and rental income from the Firefly Music Festival, offset by the fact that events are no longer promoted in Nashville. Operating and marketing expenses were $12,075,000 in the third quarter of 2012 compared to $4,382,000 in the third quarter of 2011. The increase is primarily from the aforementioned changes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV