SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) today announced the release of the MagicBox on-premise Entry-Level Server (ELS) to extend its web-based, digital signage offering. The ELS runs MagicBox WebSuite software applications for digital signage, including content creation and asset management inside a browser for a comprehensive content management experience — from design to verification. The ELS is available with upgradable licensing options to support 5, 15 or 25 media players.
Applications included in the ELS are:
- Composer – a flexible application to manage multimedia assets, custom-build layout, schedule & publish projects
- Ad Logger – for network verification of impression analytics
- Audio Manager – for audio playlist creation and management software
Additionally, the ELS offers enterprise-class user access controls for efficient planning and added security. These administrative applications include:
- Library – to upload content and manage content repository
- User Manager – for administering user roles and security levels
- Player Manager – to set up and organize signage players on the network
- Remote Update – for media player firmware updates
In addition to releasing the ELS, the existing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based MagicBox WebSuite is also enhanced with some new features:
- The MagicBox media players can now be configured either to pull or push content and schedule information from the server; allowing customers to manage and publish content from anywhere with an internet connection. Media players can be placed in multiple locations, behind firewalls with private IP addresses and managed both centrally and locally. The media players are not required to have public IP addresses.
- The MagicBox WebSuite software now also supports workgroup and playlist capabilities. Administration of national and local content is simplified by allowing a central administrator to control a common set of playlist content for multiple locations. Users can add unique, local content without impacting other locations.