TriMas Corporation (NASDAQ: TRS) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. The Company reported record third quarter net sales from continuing operations of $335.9 million, an increase of 21.0% compared to third quarter 2011. Third quarter 2012 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations attributable to TriMas Corporation was $0.47, as compared to $0.49 during third quarter 2011. Excluding Special Items (1), third quarter 2012 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations would have been $0.51, a 4.1% improvement from third quarter 2011.
- Reported record third quarter net sales of $335.9 million, an increase of 21.0% as compared to third quarter 2011, due to the successful execution of numerous growth initiatives and results from bolt-on acquisitions.
- Improved income from continuing operations (1) by 18.3%, excluding the impact of Special Items, compared to third quarter 2011. Improved diluted earnings per share, (1) while absorbing incremental costs related to several acquisitions and approximately 13% higher weighted average shares outstanding for third quarter 2012, as compared to third quarter 2011.
- Amended credit facilities to reduce borrowing rates, extend maturities and enhance liquidity and capital structure flexibility to best position the Company for future growth with significantly reduced borrowing costs.
- Continued to invest in a flexible manufacturing footprint to optimize manufacturing costs long-term, increase capacity, enhance customer service and drive future growth.
- Expanded geographic reach and related sales in faster growing end markets including China, Thailand, Brazil, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
"Our record third quarter sales demonstrates we are successfully executing on our growth strategies," said David Wathen, TriMas President and Chief Executive Officer. "We achieved sales growth of 21.0% during the third quarter, resulting from our bolt-on acquisitions, product innovation, market share gains and geographic expansion. In the midst of an uncertain global economic environment, we identify the bright spots where we believe we can capture growth for our businesses. We are making careful decisions to accelerate growth programs that are working, as we capitalize on opportunities that will drive long-term stakeholder value, while still mitigating and controlling risks."