NIC Inc., (NASDAQ: EGOV) the dominant provider of official eGovernment services, today announces it ranked no. 31 on Forbes’ list of the “100 Best Small Companies in America.” This marked the fourth consecutive year the company made the list, and it continues to be the only company headquartered in Kansas to make the list.
“It is truly an honor to rank in the top 1 percent of all publicly traded small companies in the United States,” said Harry Herington, NIC Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board. “NIC’s financial strength is attributable to our focus on bringing efficiencies to citizen and business interactions with government. I congratulate NIC’s employees, Board of Directors, and government partners for helping achieve this recognition.”
The list ranked companies that had been publicly traded for at least a year, with annual revenue between $5 million and $1 billion. Criteria included earnings growth, sales growth, and return on equity in the past 12 months and over five years, as well as stock performance.
This is NIC’s second ranking by Forbes in 2012. In May, the Company debuted at no. 20 on Forbes’ list of the “ 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in America.”About NIC Founded in 1992, NIC is celebrating its 20 th anniversary as the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Headquartered in Olathe, Kansas, NIC has offices in 28 states and the District of Columbia. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV